How to apply for Vietnam visa?
There are some choices to apply for Vietnam visa The applicants may visit the Vietnamese Embassy in the country where they are living or residing in person to apply for a Vietnam visa or use the visa agent's services to simplify your visa achievement, especially in urgent cases. Vietnam visa for Schengen area countries will not be a problem however, for some nations, the guidance on how to apply for Vietnam visa is recommended to read carefully.
Applying for Vietnam visa by yourself at the embassyAs a traditional way to get visa to Vietnam, people might go to the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in the country where they are living or residing to apply for a visa before making a trip. There are some things you shouldn't miss when applying visa at the Vietnam Embassy in abroad:
- Requirements: You are requested to present a 6 months validity passport, a visa application form, and other documents required by the
Vietnamese Embassy in your country. For
business visa application, a letter of invitation
A letter of invitation from applicant’s sponsor/host in Vietnam explaining the relationship to the applicant and the purpose of travel to Vietnam. In addition, the letter must indicate the length of stay, place of stay, and host’s name and contact information. The applicants can visit the embassy directly to apply for Vietnam visa in person or send the documents by post.
- Processing time: It takes 4 - 5 working days to process a tourist visa and 5 - 7 working days for business visa.
- Fee: The fees are various among embassies; for instance, it is about US$70 in Bangkok, Thailand and US$105 in Washington. Getting Vietnam visa at the Embassy in Thailand and Cambodia are cheaper than in Europe or America. Getting a visa on arrival is even cheaper and faster.
Applying for Vietnam visa on arrival through a local visa agencyThere are many local visa agencies in Vietnam. They will work with the Vietnam Immigration Department on behalf of the customers to arrange their visa.
- These agencies provide various Vietnam visa type (tourist visa or business visa) straightforwardly for the visitors who wish to enter Vietnam. The visitors will send a request for Vietnam visa on arrival by filling in the online application form. After 2 working days (normal processing) or 1 working day (urgent processing) or even in 1-2 hours, they will get a visa approval letter issued by the Immigration Department. What they need to do now is just to print out the letter, bring the copy of the letter to board the flight and get their full visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
- Requirements: No passport sending off and no invitation letter for business visa are required. The applicant will prepare their valid passport and 2 photos which will be presented at arrival airport later.
- Processing time: Flexible (depending on visitor's request), it can be 2 business days, 1 business day, or even few hours.
- Fee: the currently applied visa approval fee is US$17 per visa, excluding the stamping fee of US$25 (for 1 - 3 month single entry visa), US$50 (for 1 - 3 months multiple entry visa) or US$95 (3 months to less than 6 months multiple entry visa) which will be paid directly at arrival airport.
Here below are things should be noted before making an online application:
Determine your eligible
You must have a valid passport which its validity is at least 6 months with blank pages for visa stamp
Check visa requirement
Before you plan your visit, you should find out if you need a visa to enter Vietnam or not
Normally, a visa approval letter will be ready within 2 working days. In some special cases, you can have make a rush Vietnam visa application that visa approval letter will be done in a few hours.
Apply for a visa
Go online application to fill in the form, make a payment as the guidance and got a visa approval letter delivered via email.
Prepare for your arrival
You'll need to print out the approval letter (color preferred but not required), prepare 2 passport-sized photos, a fully filled Entry and exit form and stamping fee to pay directly to Immigration Counter at arrival airports.
Extend your visa
To extend your stay in Vietnam, you should apply at least 7 days before your status expires
For further information, please contact us via email email@example.com or call us (84) 912 685 141