Vietnam visa for tourist
The most popular type of visa for Vietnam is tourist visa which is normally valid for 15-30 days. Tourist visa is good for TOURISM purposes only and it can be extended for more 1 or 3 months of stay once you are in Vietnam.
If you are traveling to the Republic of Vietnam for reasons other than immigration, and your visit does not exceed 1 month, you might need a tourist visa (travel visa). The tourist visa gives you the right for a continuous visit or several visits to Vietnam. The duration of visits in total should not exceed 1 month. In case you need to come to Vietnam often it is possible to get a multiple-entry visa for several visits. If you expect to stay longer for a business trip (up to 3 months) you should apply for Vietnam business visa.
To enter Vietnam as tourist, the foreigners must have a valid passport, be good in health, and not be inadmissibility. A valid passport is a passport claiming to have been issued by your country which has at least 6 months validity and 2 blank pages for visa stamp. Temporary passports normally are not accepted.
Some passport holders of the countries who can not apply for a visa on arrival including: Nigeria, Turkey, Iran, Cameroon, Congo, Mozambique, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Syria. Learn more about the countries of which citizens are not supported with Vietnam visa online.
Please also make sure that you will follow Vietnam customs regulations to enter Vietnam legally
Visas and exemption
You may not need a visa to Vietnam if you are citizens of Vietnam visa exempted countries
If you need a visa to enter Vietnam, find out how to apply
If you are not sure, check if you need a Vietnam visa
Information required for a Vietnam tourist visa
Vietnam tourist visa can be obtained at the Vietnam Embassy over worldwide or applied online straightforwardly at lower cost with faster processing. In order to apply for a tourist visa online and pick up your visa at Vietnam airports, the following information should be noticed:
- Your name on passport: it is your full name appears on your passport. Name order is not important, so you can place either surname or first name first.
- Your date of birth: in Vietnam, the date format will be dd/mm/yyyy
- Your nationality: stated on the passport you are using to enter Vietnam (UK, US or Australian...)
- Your passport number: as shown on your passport (normally at upper right corner of the passport) and should be valid for 6 months at least from the date of arrival.
- Date of arrival: it is not necessarily exact, you can fill in with proposed date of arrival. However, please be advised that you can only enter Vietnam later, NOT earlier than the proposed entry date issued on the letter. Moreover, 2 photos are required at Vietnam airports before getting your visa stamped.
How to apply for a tourist Vietnam visa online?
STEP 1: Fill out the secure online Vietnam visa application form:
Get started by filling in the secure Vietnam visa application form with correct details of the visa applicant's including: full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number and proposed arrival date.
STEP 2: Confirm and make online payment for the service fee:
- Double check with your current passport to make sure the information in Vietnam visa application online is correct.
- Make a payment online for the visa service (we accept the online payment by credit cards via PayPal, through Western Union or bank wring transfer).
STEP 3: Receive visa approval letter and get visa stamped at arrival airport:
- After 2 working days (normal processing), 1 working day (urgent processing) or in 4 or 2 hours (emergency processing) we will complete the visa approval letter
to send you via email
- You are requested to print out the letter (colour is preferred but not required) and prepare 2 passport-sized photos + stamping fee in cash
- Upon arrival airport in Vietnam (at 1 of 3 international airports in Hanoi, Da Nang or Ho Chi Minh City), you submit the printed visa approval letter + passport + 2 photos, fill out an entry form, and pay for the stamp fee US$25 (for 1 - 3 month single entry visa), US$50 (for 1 - 3 months multiple entry visa) or US$95 (3 months to less than 6 months multiple entry visa) to the Vietnam Immigration Officer, you will get your Vietnam entry visa stamped within couple of minutes.
Learn more about the guidance on getting Vietnam visa at the airport procedures.
If you have any further queries, comments or feedback, please kindly call us by +84-912-685-141 or send an email to email@example.com. We are happy to assist at our best.