How to get a Vietnam visa from United States?
From United States, visitors may apply for Vietnam visa on arrival in just a few hours by submitting visa application online via www.e-vietnamvisa.com or get a visa at the Vietnam Embassy in Washington DC, San Francisco, United States in 3 - 5 working days.
From December 15, 2016 all visa categories for United States citizens (1 month/ 3 months/ 1 year tourist visa; 1 month/ 3 months/ 6 months/ 1 year business visa) has been restored! So, nothing is changed but 1 year multiple entry tourist visa option added!
/* this regulation has been revoked */ Starting from August 30, 2016, new policy on Vietnam visa for US citizens officially takes effect. According to the bilateral diplomatic note No. 173/NG-LS, in order to further develop the bilateral relationship between the two countries on the basis of mutual understanding and benefit, in order to enhance the relations in the fields of economy, culture, science and technology, and to encourage travels of citizens of both countries, 1 year multiple entry tourist visa will be granted to all United States travelers. This is the only option given to US citizens from now on, no other choices on single or multiple entry and length of stay options.
With this 1 year multiple entry tourist visa, the US travelers are permitted to stay in Vietnam no more than 90 days each visit. After that, they have to do visa run or in-country visa extension for other 90 days staying.
If the US citizens wish to stay 1 year continuously without flying out for visa run or extending visa, 1 year multiple entry business visa is highly recommended.
Each type of visa application is offering some advantages and disadvantages. Visa on arrival is especially beneficial for those who are living far away from the Vietnamese Embassy; or those who do not want to send off their passport by post; or somebody who are tired of traveling a long distance from time to time and then wait for hours to submit a pile of documents. The other advantages of visa on arrival include faster processing, cost-saving and more efficient payment methods. However, Vietnam visa on arrival is available for air entry only.
|Description||Visa on arrival||Local embassy issued visa|
|Vietnam Immigration Department||Vietnam Embassy in United States|
|Processing time||2 working days (or 2 hours urgent)||3 - 5 working days|
|Processing fee||From US$9 (excluding stamp fee)||US$67 - US$95|
|None||Postal cost, driving, parking fees|
|Passport required||Not required||Required|
Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival via www.e-vietnamvisa.com
In order to apply for a visa on arrival, you are requested to complete 3 simple steps as follow:
- Firstly, fill in an online application form and make a payment for processing service fee
- Secondly, get a visa approval letter delivered via email within 2 hours (emergency service) or 2 working days (normal service)
- Thirdly, present the original passport, copy of approval letter (in hard copy), 2 photos (at passport sized) and pay the stamping fee to get visa attached on the passport at arrival airport
Apply for a Vietnam Embassy visa in United States
Luckily, there is Vietnam Embassy in United States (located in Washington DC, San Francisco) who can issue a visa directly. You feel free to visit the Vietnam embassy office in Washington DC, San Francisco, United States in person to apply for a visa before taking your trip at least 5 - 7 days. What you need to submit, including:
- Application form (which can be downloaded from the Vietnam Embassy's website or get it directly at the Vietnamese Embassy office)
- Two photos (usually 4 cmx6 cm or 3 cmx4 cm)
- Your original valid passport (6 months validity with 1 blank page at least)
- Visa fee
- Current Vietnam visa fee in Washington DC, United States (US)
- Vietnam visa fee for US citizens changed from August 24, 2016
If you have any further queries, comments or feedback, please kindly call us by +84-912-685-141 or send an email to email@example.com. We are happy to assist you at our best.
- Vietnam Embassy in United States
- Vietnam visa requirements for US citizens
- Vietnam e-visa for US citizens
- Getting rush Vietnam visa from United States
- Useful information about Vietnam visa and tips
- Apply for Vietnam visa in Canada
- Apply for Vietnam visa in Cuba
- Apply for Vietnam visa in Montenegro
- Apply for Vietnam visa in Malta
- Apply for Vietnam visa in Norway
- Apply for Vietnam visa in Sudan
- Apply for Vietnam visa in Uganda